[CentOS] ethernet card name eth1 randomly changes

QKnoX List Subscriptions

mlisting at qknox.com
Mon Jul 31 18:14:55 UTC 2006

im having problems installing my nic card. my eth1 keep on renaming
randomly to dev****. whenever i change the ifcfg network scripts at
sysconfig and reboot, the nic tends to renamed randomly. i have tried
changing this thing from davicom to 3com nic's.

dev6278   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:01:02:91:01:6D
           BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
           collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
           RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
           Interrupt:11 Base address:0xdf00

any one experienced this already? suggestions are highly recommended.
thanks guys!

eric