[CentOS] help for creating sendmail virtual users

Mon Jul 17 16:40:07 UTC 2006
ankush grover <ankushcentos at gmail.com>

hey friends,

 I have installed sendmail or it would rather say it comes default with the
centos. I am using Centos4.0 and I am trying to configure sendmail
with virtual users.

 I have created few users for my domain. My internal domain (example.com) is
different from my isp domain (example1.com).

The problem I am facing is that if the user1 at example1.com sends the mail to
the user2 at example1.com then the mails should not go to the ISP rather the
server running sendmail should send it to the mailbox of the
user2 at example1.com but rather it is sending it to the ISP account and from
there it is getting redirected to ther user2 mailbox.

I have configured the virtualusertable like this

user1 at example1.com        user1(local account)
user2 at example.com          user2(local account)

makemap hash virtualusertable.db < virtualusertable

service sendmail reload/restart.

Now if the mail for the user2 from the user1 the sendmail should forward it
to the user2 mailbox but this is not happening rather sendmail is forwarding
it to the ISP server and from there it is gettting move to the user2
mailbox.

Second problem I am facing is that how do I configured sendmail to the send
the credentials of each user to the ISP account. For example if user1 wants
to send the mail to the Internet the sendmail server should connect to ther
ISP server with this user credentails (username and password ) and if user2
wants to send the mail to ther Internet then the sendmail should connect to
the ISP server with the user2 credentails ( username and password).

I have about 25 user accounts and I using sendmail 8.1.13 version.

Please let me know if you need any further inputs.

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover