[CentOS] How to display 2nd HDD

Sun Jul 2 23:16:27 UTC 2006
Mike Kercher <mike at vesol.com>

centos-bounces at centos.org <> scribbled on Sunday, July 02, 2006 6:02 PM:

> NO I did not mount the partition.
>
> How the name for the SLAVE device is assigned? In your
> example, you have used 'sdb1'. My understanding is that the
> SLAVE drive should be listed in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab.
> Neither of these files exist.
>
> I am a newbie, so any help is appreciated.
>
> Kirti

Is this a SCSI device or IDE?  If IDE, did you connect it to the primary
or secondary controller?  If SCSI, what is the SCSI ID of the drive?
dmesg should tell you which drive devices were detected during the boot
process?  fdisk /dev/<device> should allow you to view what partitions
are available on the drive.

Mike