[CentOS] yum fails on resolving dependencies

Mon Jul 17 12:42:34 UTC 2006
Steven Vishoot <sir_funzone at yahoo.com>

--- Henk van Lingen <henkvl at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 04:34:51PM -0700, Steven
> Vishoot wrote:
>   >
>   >  yum update
>   > Gathering header information file(s) from
> server(s)
>   > Server: CentOS-3 - Addons
>   > Server: CentOS-3 - Base
>   > Server: Dag RPM Repository for Red Hat
> Enterprise
>   > Linux
>   > Server: CentOS-3 - Extras
>   > Server: CentOS-3 - Updates
>   > Finding updated packages
>   > Downloading needed headers
>   > Resolving dependencies
>   > ....Unable to satisfy dependencies
>   > Package perl-Authen-SASL needs perl(GSSAPI),
> this is
>   > not available.
>
>   I think it's a dependency bug in the RPMforge repo
> (Dag) and it's there
>   for months. I posted the RPMforge list about it
> two weeks ago. No
>   reactions.
>
>   I've added a "exclude=perl-Net-LDAP
> perl-Authen-SASL" line to yum.conf
>
>   Cheers,
>
> --
> Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator
>          (o-      -+
> Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.
>          /\        |
> phone: +31-30-2535278
>         v_/_
> http://henk.vanlingen.net/
> http://www.tuxtown.net/netiquette/

Thanks Jim & Henk,

Thank you so much, it was DAGS depository that was
giving me the troubles. I disabled it for now and it
is running now and finished with no problems...

<sarcasim>
sir_funzone glares a DAG while walking back to his
corner.... :-)
</sarcasim>

Steven

"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."