[CentOS] All screwed up

Sun Jul 23 21:09:39 UTC 2006
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

rado wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 12:54 -0400, Sam Drinkard wrote:
>>
>>> I've apparently made a mess of clamav.  Tried uninstalling it, and
>>> excluded it from dag's repo.  Now, when I yum install clamav and
>>> clamav-server, I'm apparently missing all the libs, data and so forth.
>>> Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this back ?  I probably
>>> blew all the old stuff away during the update or later, and don't have a
>>> clue as to why it's not doing what it's supposed to now.
>>>

> Uggg!.....I don't know how right I am or whatever but the following
> works for me.
>
> On my website ...rivers-bend.com...I wrote a little how to on this that
> I refer to when I have to upgrade or install. You might have a look at
> that
>
> John Rose

John,

    I see you are just using the rpm's where I'm attempting to use yum.
So far, I'm not having much luck even with yum.  I swear, I don't recall
it being this convoluted when I originally installed it.  Maybe someone
can tell me the sequence in which stuff needs to be done, as you did on
your web page.

Thanks..

Sam W.Drinkard -- sam at wa4phy.net
NOAA Cooperative Observer