[CentOS] mysql5 in "centosplus" ?

Wed Jul 26 17:19:53 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 7/26/06, Alex Palenschat <alex at nssmgmt.com> wrote:

> Because of this thread this occurrence worked out fine, but is there a
> separate list (other than CentOS announce) that I can subscribe to? I
> realize that Jim already pointed out that notice wasn't given as usual
> and I certainly wouldn't want to take anyone to task for it as I'm
> extremely thankful for everyone's work on the project, but I'd like to
> know if I'm missing part of the process.
> Also perhaps it would be good to have the whole testing/feedback repo
> process spelled out more thoroughly for us newbies. I have used some dev
> packages successfully and should be providing feedback into the process.
> I'm not able to do a lot of work in testing things like php5, but I
> suppose if I'm using it I should at least say "Hey, it's working!" to
> the repo maintainer.

The Centos-devel mailing list, and the #centos-devel irc channel are
the big places. There are tracking bugs for most things in the
c4-testing repository (I slack off on this a bit, so they're not ALL
in there.. I'll fix that when I fix it.) where both positive and
negative feedback is welcomed.

> Sorry to belabor this and flames are accepted if it's been spelled out
> before, but I'd rather ask than continue to benefit from the project
> without providing the most basic of help/feedback.

Beyond the bugs.centos.org site, there isn't really a set "request"
path other than people asking in irc. Partially this is because some
people ask for some amazingly screwed up things that violate all sorts
of distro ideals (nightly kernel builds, beta versions of gnome.. that
sort of stuff)... and partly because irc provides me an opportunity to
hash out ideas or expectations for packages with the requester.

George Orwell