[CentOS] RHN Up2date Cruft: can I dump it?

Sat Jul 29 16:47:54 UTC 2006
Chris Mauritz <chrism at imntv.com>

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 14:30 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
>
>> Got part 1 - xx of back up working, so figured it's a good time to look
>> for stuff to jettison... casually of course. Like paperwork,
>> documentation, ... it's low on the priority list with GB so cheap these
>> days.
>>
>> Anyway, 42M in /var/spool/up2date. Headers and such. I use only yum
>> after my first month or so of CentOS. Can I dump that and similar non-
>> config stuff?
>>
>> Or does it have some potential use?
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> Bill
>>

> You can do:
>
> rpm -e up2date up2date-gnome
>
> then see what is left ...

Out of curiosity, how come that stuff remains in the CentOS distro at
all since we're using yum to manage updates?  Or is there some strange
subset of folks that install CentOS and then subscribe to RH updates?

Cheers,