[CentOS] [CSL #301925] centosplus kernel xfs patches and CVE-2006-1855

Thu Jun 1 21:34:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 16:24 -0500, David Thompson wrote:
> Hi All, we've run into a problem with the xfs component in the centosplus
> kernel (2.6.9-34.106.unsupportedsmp) where synchronous writes sometimes fail
> with EAGAIN.  It's causing headaches for DB2 installs and for our database
> research group.  There is a fix reported at:
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=110808122904352&w=2
>
> ...that's supposed to take care of things.  If there is any way these patches
> could be included in a future centosplus kernel, we would greatly appreciate
> it.  We are enjoying the performance lift from xfs on many systems, and hate
> to throw it away to get a database to work.
>
> Also, are there plans to produce a centosplus kernel that corresponds to the
> newest RHEL errata kernel (2.6.9-34.0.1.EL)?
>
> Cheers and thanks,
>
> Dave Thompson
> UW-Madison

David,

There is a centosplus kernel that has that errata ... it is version:
 kernel-2.6.9-34.107.plus.c4

However ... if the only thing you need from the centosplus kernel is the
xfs ... you should use the normal (non-centosplus) kernel and the
kernel-xfs-module that matches it from here:

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/i386/RPMS/

or

http://dev.centos.org/centos/4/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

(That code is from SGI and has all the latest patches.)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes