[CentOS] PERL module woes

Thu Jun 1 22:18:48 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:17 -0400, Kurt Hansen wrote:
> Jim Perrin wrote:
>
> >> In fact, the quality of the perl-related rpms from Red Hat is
> >> the main reason I'm not using RHEL and using CentOS

You choose not to use RHEL / CentOS, yet you are giving expert advice.

> > Your logic is confusing to me. It does not resemble what I would
> > consider to be rational thought.
>
> Is this the kind of rhetoric that is acceptable on this list? There is
> no value to your comment except to insult.
>
> Do you have any experience with the rpms to which I'm referring? Do you
> work with the same software I do?

Jim Perrin is a CentOS admin ... so I would say he has a little bit of
experience with this issue ... YES :)

Installing perl modules from CPAN absolute worst possible solution and
should be used only as the absolute last resort.

Or, maybe you know more about this distro that the people who make it?