[CentOS] PERL module woes

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 19:31:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:37 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

>  The RT RPM option is recent, and it's an excellent option.  However, at
> > the moment I'm still running RT on a CentOS 4 box with all of RT's Perl
> > dependencies installed from CPAN.  I'm now consolidating everything onto
> > a RHEL 4 box running Xen, so it will be my opportunity to give the RPMs
> > for RT a try.
> >
> > Maybe now I won't feel so dirty for polluting my Red Hat box. :)
>
> What packages do you need in addition to the ones already available from
> RPMforge ? I'm certainly interested to provide all of these if you send
> them to suggest at lists.rpmforge.net.

The set for RT can be found at:
http://campus.fct.unl.pt/paulomatos/rt/repository/3.4.x/SRPMS/
and it all seems to work.  However the rt rpm itself is modified
to move it's parts into a Redhat-like layout instead of living
under the stock /opt/rt3/.  Unfortunately this makes it incompatible
with 3rd part addons like asset tracker unless they are modified
to match.  I'm running a hand-built one in production and just
testing this - thinking about doing an install to pull in all those
perl module dependencies, then removing this RT and dropping
in a stock version.  I haven't looked at the FC5-packaged version
yet to see it it has the same issue - or if the other addons have
been packaged there to mach.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com