[CentOS] Re: Re: OpenOffice 2.0 rpms

Gavin Carr gavin at openfusion.com.au
Mon Jun 5 04:43:13 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 08:55:15PM -0700, Ralph Alvy wrote:
> To upgrade Openoffice.org from 1.1.x to 2.x, I removed openoffice.org with
>
>         yum remove openoffice
>
> and then dowloaded and installed the latest Openoffice.org stuff from the OO
> site itself. The file you download there is a compressed file of rpms. So
> once I extracted them in a folder (you'll notice a redhat desktop
> integration rpm in a subfolder there, which you can copy to the folder
> where you dumped all the rpms), I just did
>
>         rpm -ivh openoffice*.rpm
>
> in that folder.

All goes well, except that openoffice.org-pyuno seems to break yum:

  aud000:/opt/openoffice.org2.0/program# yum update
  There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
  required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

     /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/cElementTree.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8

  Please install a package which provides this module, or
  verify that the module is installed correctly.

  It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
  current version of Python, which is:
  2.3.4 (#1, Feb  1 2006, 21:07:49)
  [GCC 3.4.1]

  If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
  the yum faq at:
    http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

Did you not see this on CentOS4 Ralph? Removing openoffice.org-pyuno fixes the problem,
but it means you lose mail merge support too.

Cheers,
Gavin