[CentOS] Inherited an everything box

Ed Morrison

ed at morrisonnetworks.com
Tue Jun 6 17:12:14 UTC 2006

Hello Everyone:

I inherited a CentOS 4.x box that appears to have been installed with
the everything installation option.  I would like to strip the box down
of all the unnecessary apps and streamline/secure it.  Unfortunately, it
is a production  box and it would be quite inconvenient to burn down and
rebuild.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this
conveniently with yum and still leave the box in a production condition
i.e. leave it's needed services up and running?

Thanks,
Ed