[CentOS] Raid Cards

Lazy lazy404 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:08:57 UTC 2006

2006/6/6, Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>:

> Forget this proprietary software raid drivers. Just use the kernel
> software raid capabilities. There has yet to appear a company that
> manufactures bios on a chip raid cards that provide adequate or even
> minimal linux driver support.
> > (please don't tell me that 3ware is the only make to use, tw_cli is not
> > exactly user friendly).
> If you don't like hardware raid then there is nothing else for you.
Check out areca. The driver is in tree (writen by areca). And it looks
like they are actively supporting linux.

There was some nice performance comparison betwean linux compatible
sata raid cards and areca performed really well. If my memory serves
me well it was significantly faster then 3ware.
Can't find the url now :(. So i have no arguments to support it now.
But certainly areca it's worth a try.

--
Michal