[CentOS] mdadm raid 1 question

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 02:16:47 UTC 2006

On 6/8/06, William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com> wrote:
> Does Centos 4.2 have the grub issue where the boot loader does not get
> installed onto both hard disks in a software Raid 1 environment?

Yes.

> if so does 4.3 solve that issue?

No. You should still keep disk one around to (re)install grub if you
run into issues. Some people claim it works, some claim it doesn't.

> --
> My "Foundation" verse:
> Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
> every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
> condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
> righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.
>
> -- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
> CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)
>
> Linux user #322099
> Machines:
> 206822
> 256638
> 276825
> http://counter.li.org/

This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be
in violation of the DMCA