[CentOS] SuperOdoctor for super-micro

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Fri Jun 9 02:56:38 UTC 2006

Rats... found some hardware monitoring from the vendor and it's broken,
or I'm missing some pieces.  No mention of CentOS specifically, but RH
is supported, so figured it *ought* to work.  I'm apparently missing a
library -- liblinc.so.1, and a net search reveals several sources, both
for x86 and 64-bit.  Tried them both, after the x86 did not work, and
the 64-bit I thought was going to work, but it crashes the application
under gnome, and under text.  Yes, I did the bad thing (tm) and
installed an rpm not from yum, and now, I can't seem to make rpm remove
it.  Says it's not installed, but it is.  Rebuilt the database and still
says it's already installed when I tried to reinstall it, but says it's
NOT installed when I try to remove it ...hmmmph.  I know where the rm -f
keys are :-)

Question to the gang.  Anybody have this software working on a
supermicro board, and if so, what did you do to get it going?

Thanks...

Sam W.Drinkard -- sam at wa4phy.net
http://wa4phy.net
Augusta Area Mesonet