[CentOS] custom cd's

Steve steve27 at cox.net
Fri Jun 9 15:23:56 UTC 2006

Michel wrote:

>I'm looking for a script or some tool that enables me to create custom
>iso's for centos 4.3
>I'l also need tools to build some custom rpm's.
>
>What i want to do is create a cd that will install centos 4.3 fully
>updated (at the time of cd creation) together with self created rpm's of
>ispconfig.

Welcome to the wonderful world of kickstart installations.  I believe
you will find this link interesting and helpful:

http://www.centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-sag-en-4/ch-kickstart2.html

Kickstart is fun.  Hope you enjoy it.  I, myself use it to create custom
CD sets that I can hand over to nontechnical people at my client sites.
They can then take pretty much any machine, pop in a CD, turn it on,
wait 10 minutes, and have a basic CentOS install reboot itself directly
into a remote XDMCP session with the local desktop server without ever
picking up the phone to call me.  It's fun watching Linux desktop use at
my client sites expand all by itself, without any further efforts from
me.  Bad for the paycheck.  But good for the soul.

-Steve