[CentOS] shadow file question

Steve steve27 at cox.net
Fri Jun 9 15:33:42 UTC 2006

Feizhou wrote:

> Sigh. Documentation a bit wanting now is it not?
>
> Even google does not give me anything...all I found where references
> to pam(7) to determine what happens but there is not any pam(7) man page.

* and ! are hard to search for.  I used:

shadow exclamation asterisk

and hoped for the best.

Perhaps SCO will come out with a "Linux Has No Documentation!" campaign,
pointing out that the documentation included with SCO Open Server is
superior. (Which it is, BTW.)

After the countless, lengthy, point by point rebuttles we would surely
have to endure, there would probably be no fewer than 10 new projects
created to remedy the situation, all of which would be dead by
Christmas, because documentation writing is soooooooo very boring, and a
thankless task, as well.

-Steve