[CentOS] Virtualhost, Alias & Subdomains

Dave Hornford dave.hornford at hornfordassociates.com
Fri Jun 9 22:24:03 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Gore [mailto:ben at cleocat.com]
Sent: June 9, 2006 4:10 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Virtualhost, Alias & Subdomains

Dave J. Hornford wrote:
> I am having a problem with subdomains, alias & virtual hosts Centos
> 4.3, Apache 2.0.52 & PHP 5.04 I can get the primary to work, but not
> the aliased servers.
> http.conf extract
> *********
> NameVirtualHost *
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName www.domain.com <http://www.domain.com> DocumentRoot
> /var/www/html/domain/ ServerAlias www.altdomain.com
> <http://www.altdomain.com> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *>
> ServerName subdomain.domain.com
> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/subdomain/
> ServerAlias www.subdomain.altdomain.com
> <http://www.subdomain.altdomain.com>
> </VirtualHost>
> **********

Are you trying to access the alias on the local machine or a remote machine?

Does DNS reflect the correct information, or need to be updated to reflect
the alias(es)?

Ben,
Remote machine. Single IP right now. I have a dns entry for domain,
altdomain, sub.domain & sub.altdomain. (I don't control the nameserver, and
had the entries put in this am) I just checked and from where I am the new
server IP is coming up. From the server the old IP is coming up.

Dave