[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Daniel de Kok danieldk at pobox.com
Sat Jun 10 22:28:20 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 17:15 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> For both of these, we will be happy to entertain changes that people
> want ... but I don't think it is in our best interest to tell people
> exactly how to build replacements for those, do you?

Why not? Of course, it would not be good if people add their own
background and dump it on the net. But I can see the use of making a
custom Live CD. E.g. suppose that you someone would like to provide a
class of biology students with a live CD that contains some
domain-specific programs, so that they can run them without having to
install Linux at home.

Of course, the obvious problem is that some people will mess things up,
and will distribute broken live CDs to others with the CentOS logos
still in there.

-- Daniel