[CentOS] Remaster CentOs Live CD

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jun 12 02:27:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 19:59 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> > > Karanbir, the word is 'freeloading.'
> >
> > But you have to admit that there would be something amusingly
> > ironic about the Centos project opposing distribution rebuilds...
> >

> I have no problem with rebuilds if they are open source and they don't
> claim to be CentOS.
>
> You surely don't see PNAELV telling us how to create a distro ... or the
> people at debian helping the ubuntu guys ... or gentoo guys helping
> VLOS.
>
> > Not offering to help is understandable though.
>
> That is the point ... why would we help create a competing distro?
----
http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/howto.html

I think John's spirit and information was exactly what he was doing -
helping others create competing distributions based upon RHEL.

Why would you want to do that?  I don't know, and I suppose that by
reading the above, it seems clear that you aren't inclined to do so.

Craig