[CentOS] Centos 4.3 & drbd

centos at bathnetworks.com centos at bathnetworks.com
Mon Jun 12 21:41:52 UTC 2006

>> > I think you are not understanding what drbd does.
>> >
>> > It is network RAID1 ... you can't mount and use the DRBD device on
>> both
>> > machines at the same time.  It is designed so that if the first
>> machine
>> > fails, the second machine / partition is used instead.
>> >

>> Jonny,
>>
>> Thanks for the info. I understand that point. However, with DRBD not
>> running or mounted on shorty, Fs1 still gives the same error.
>
> You are correct. The "lower device" in this message is the physical disk.
> Specifically, /dev/hde1 (as configured).
>
> I have no idea why you are getting this message, but that Invalid Argument
> error doesn't look to good for me.
>
> - --
> Rodrigo Barbosa
> "Quid quid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur"
> "Be excellent to each other ..." - Bill & Ted (Wyld Stallyns)

Thanks Rodrigo,

I'm still having problems with this. I've currently got the machine
running stand alone (no network connections). I have changed the hard
drives just in case with no change. I have also moved drives around so
that there is a diffent drive running as hdc instaed of hde, again the
same error occours. Adding more (smaller) partitions gives the same
result.

One thing I have found is that /dev/drbd0 was missing, but on the other,
working machine it was created presumably when I installed drdb etc.
Perhaps the installation was messedup in some way. The only other thing I
can think of is that Centos is reporting the drive as being mounted when
it isn't.

Rob