[CentOS] CentOS 4.3 under VMWare ESX 2.5.3 Server

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jun 14 14:01:57 UTC 2006

Adriano Viscarde wrote:
> I have a  IBM XSeries 366 with 04 processors Intel Xeon 3.16 Ghz, 16 Gb
> of memory and a storage IBM with 2 terabytes.
> I work with virtualization and my OS in this machine is a VMware ESX
> 2.5.3 version. When I install CentOS 4.X as guest operating system under
> ESX,  the performance is very  very bad. When I intsall RHES4 as guest
> operating system under ESX, the performance is very good. It will be
> that it has some problem CentOS to work with virtualization?

Can you provide some details on what tests you ran to determine the
performance ? even if its just a few simple things, I'd like to know so
we can see where the problem might be.

I'm running CentOS on vmware-server, not ESX, and have had no real
issues except the time loosing-sync, which is a vmware issue more than a
CentOS issue ( and there are a lot of fix's for it hanging around ).

- KB