[CentOS] Microsoft-ds and H.323/Q.931? Which services are these?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed Jun 14 20:58:08 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 15:45:15 PM -0400, Jim Perrin (jperrin at gmail.com)
wrote:

> These ports are not open, they're filtered.

Oh, now I get it. You mean that nmap could not check if they're open
or not because it can't reach them at all, right?

> This can mean your ISP is silently blocking them for you.

Yes, this makes sense. In any case, there is nothing I have to
uninstall/ block on my server, since also lsof (thanks to those who
suggested it) lists nothing active on both port.

Thanks all,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi