[CentOS] Enabling MD5 (longer passwords) after installation?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Wed Jun 14 21:01:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, Jun 14, 2006 15:53:06 PM -0500, Jason Bradley Nance
(aitrus at tresgeek.net) wrote:

> Here's what I would do:
>
> pwunconv
> grpunconv
> authconfig
> pwconv
> grpconv

OK, thanks. Just one last question before I hurt myself: this doesn't
disable currently active shells, does it? I mean, I can do that as
root, then change my root password to a longer one, then try to open
another ssh session, all knowing that my first session is still active
and allows me to back up, right?

Thanks,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Perhaps the moderate position is the most radical of all. That is, if
you want to get something done that works for everybody.
                                              Doc Searls, The Radical Middle