[CentOS] rpm question

Rob Watkin robwatkin at naims.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 14:54:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:07 -0400, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 11:56 +0100, Rob Watkin wrote:

> > http://10.1.1.12/Centos4/mirrors/centos/4.3/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/samba-3.0.10-1.4E.6.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: BAD, key ID 443e1821
> >

> For the above and subsequent, I had something *similar* (memory unclear)
> when I had not imported the GPG keys into rpm yet. Could be your issue?
> I recall that the CentOS sites had instructions and the man for rpm also
> tells how. IIRC, there are a couple public key sites that seem to have
> all the keys. I've used these two.
>
>     wwwkeys.pgp.net
>     hkp://subkeys.pgp.net

Thanks for your input.

I initially thought that I hadn't imported the keys too, so I checked
with

# rpm -qa |grep key
gpg-pubkey-443e1821-421f218f

and I think that's OK. I have tried this on two machines both of which
are up-to-date with yum. Funny thing is it works 4 times out of 10
against my own local Centos mirror.

Rob