[CentOS] 64-bit ISO Burning Failures

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Jun 18 04:04:08 UTC 2006

karl at klxsystems.net wrote:
> Hi,nd even when I insert
> another OS, like Fedora, or Whitebox, it works fine.
>
> Is there something i'm not doing, or doing wrong when burning these 64 bit
> CD's?  I'm in a colo facility and would really like to leave here having
> converted a bunch of my WBEL and FC boxes to 64-bit Centos.

firstly, md5sum check the iso's that you got.

secondly, make sure you are using the correct 64-bit arch for your
machine. there is x86_64 for Opterons and Xeons's with lm support, there
is Ia64 for Itaniums, there is alpha, ppc, sparc that work on their
respective platforms.

finally, once you have burned the isos' - try mounting the cd's in a
different machine and check if you can see the contents ?