[CentOS] Xen with Centos 4.3 - pointers?

laytonjb at charter.net laytonjb at charter.net
Mon Jun 19 02:36:47 UTC 2006

---- "William L. Maltby" <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-06-18 at 16:11 -0700, laytonjb at charter.net wrote:
> > Howdy,
> >
> >    I'd like to play with Xen on top of a Centos 4.3 installation. I've been
> > googling, but haven't found a nice comprehensive set of notes to get me
> > started. I've looked at the XenSource site, a wiki site that tells you
> > how to get CentOS working in a Xen shell (or whatever it's called).
> >    So, for a Xen newbie, does anyone have have any pointeds to notes,
> > documentation, etc?
>
> No animosity intended, but I hope you credit the folks properly when
> your article is published.

Most definitely! However I don't plan to write anything about it just now.
I want to experiment with it. myslef a few people have been thinking about
it for use on cluster head nodes. It may allow us to try various OS's without
having to install a new distro. Plus we can do some things with running a
stable base OS and then use Xen to run some experimental stuff.

Jeff