[CentOS] CentOS-4.4 - Some major changes on the way

Adam Gibson agibson at ptm.com
Tue Jun 20 16:57:51 UTC 2006

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Adam Gibson wrote:
>> Kinda disappointing that 3ware does not support the 2.6 kernel with the
>> 7xxx cards.  There are no downloads available on their site for 2.6
>> kernel and 7xxx cards anyway.
>
> they dont support it directly, since the drivers are now maintained in
> the kernel tree itself.
>
> your problem might also be Firmware related perhaps ?

Thanks for the idea but I looked at all the versions and they check out
except it shows that I have a newer monitor than what the 7.7.1 codeset
iso shows.  The monitor that comes with the latest codeset on their site
(7.7.1) is 1.01.00.038.  What shipped with my card is 1.01.00.040.  I
don't think it is a firmware issue since I seem to have the latest(which
shipped with the card).