[CentOS] xorg display problems

Mike M linux-user at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 21 00:28:18 UTC 2006

I fixed it!

I booted up Knoppix (which uses xfree) for some hints.  I found that
maybe be the horz/vert refresh rates needed ajusting.

Going back to CentOS, i found:
HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
and and changed it to:
HorizSync    31.5 - 93

and changed:
Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
to:
Modes    "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

The key was to change the HorizSync to a wider range.  Just changing
Modes to include 1024x768 was not sufficient.

The system is a laptop with an LCD screen.

--
Mike