[CentOS] Postpone/avoid swaping while there is still free RAM.

Andre Turpin andreturpin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 00:46:24 UTC 2006

I've set swappiness to 5 on three 4.3 servers with current kernel and which
each have a lot of memory and I noticed an improvement. I'm pretty tempted
to test with 1 as I'd really like the server to swap once it's getting
really low on physical memory...but the boss is too cheap to buy another
server to test on :P