[CentOS] Appended "1" in /etc/fstab entries CentOS4.X installs

Chris Weisiger

cweisiger at i-55.com
Wed Jun 21 02:45:33 UTC 2006

In my /etc/fstab here is just a snippet

LABEL=/1 ....<rest of line>
LABEL=/boot1 ....<rest of line>

When i installed centOS-4.3 and it has appeared after starting to use
any version of centOS4
was that the labels in my fstab were getting the "1" appended to each
label...

but if  the all the labels for my partitions are appended with the "1"
and i format and reload
they show up in my partition setup during installation and i re-label
them appropriately without the "1"
and the /etc/fstab doesnt have the "1" appended...

its like every other install the "1" gets appended....anyone come across
this...
if show how can i change it....i know its not like it makes a difference
but I just
noticed wondering why this happens.