[CentOS] command to echo size of images

William L. Maltby BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com
Wed Jun 21 14:28:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 09:52 -0400, Jerry Geis wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a command line program in centos to echo back the size of an
> image (gif,jpg,png)?

[obscureduser at wlmlfs08 ~]$ rdjpgcom -verbose
Desktop/CorvetteAppraisalPictures\ 001.jpg
JPEG image is 2288w * 1712h, 3 color components, 8 bits per sample
JPEG process: Baseline
[obscureduser at wlmlfs08 ~]$

> I did see that file image.jpg sometimes works but reports the wrong
> image size.
> I see xview image.jpg reports the correct size but I dont want to see
> the image just get its size.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
 I haven't checked for other formats, but this command appeared with a
simple

   man -k jpg

Watch out for the "long-form" option. Unlike the "standard", there's
only one dash at the start.

BTW, "man -k" is only useful if you've done a "makewhatis" in the near
past.

> <snip sig stuff>

HTH
--