[CentOS] Re: Appended 1 in fstab entries CentOS4.X installs

Alex White ethericalzen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 18:13:06 UTC 2006

cweisiger-7vgbCEKZ1HA at public.gmane.org wrote:
> Ok so its a bug(feature?) HEH. alright. Well I'll just deal with it for now.
>
> Is there a way to fix the appended 1 after a completed install.

Yes.

mount

Take note of the partitions and their devices.

e2label /dev/hdxy labelname

Repeat the above command substituting "x" for the actual device and
"y" for partition number. Does this for each device and partition.

sudo emacs /etc/fstab

Remove the 1's from the entries which needed to be changed and
reboot. You shouldn't have any issues. If you make a mistake, you'll
have to boot into single user and fix whatever mistakes you made.
You can also use the rescue portion of your first cd to fix the problem.

Voila.

HTH

Alex