[CentOS] Re: DNS Server

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sun Jun 25 22:10:40 UTC 2006

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006, Thomas E Dukes wrote:

> [...]

Your reverse dns MUST come from whoever owns the ipaddress. In 99.9 % of the
cases that is your ISP. Some (not many) will actually deligate the reverse
dns to you but most will at best add ptr's that match whatever is in the
forward zone.

By virtue of the fact that you are asking these questions I suspect that you
are in over your head. I would suggest using someone else for your DNS.

Regards,

Tom