[CentOS] Re: DNS Server

Thomas E Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Mon Jun 26 11:38:09 UTC 2006

Hello Johnny,

I guess that makes sense.  It seems it would create too much work for the
ISP to handle the reverse lookup for a single IP.  If they dole them out
that way, they should either do it or delegate them.

All this is to operate a mail server without bounces.  Is this why it
recommedned to use your ISP's mail server as smarthost?  Does this mean I
would be using the ISP's mail server for outgoing mail?  Or is it just
'stamped' with the ISP's name to prevent bounces?

Thanks,

Eddie