[CentOS] ssh session output stalls

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Mon Jun 26 14:30:44 UTC 2006

On 6/26/06, William L. Maltby <BillsCentOS at triad.rr.com> wrote:

> If sudo is removed from the mix, does it still happen?

Dunno, but I'll try removing sudo from the mix.

> Generally, having a pager involved when there are interactive prompts
> ("terminal prompts are stacked...") is a bad idea.

The original example published _inadvertently_ didn't have a pager in
the pipe.

To my knowledge, the hangs have all been while watching logs which
don't exhibit interactive prompts (other than paging more, and more is
not always involved);  examples are:

sudo grep -i unknown /var/log/maillog | more
sudo tail -F /var/log/maillog | grep -i "yada1 yada2"

rgds/ldv