[CentOS] Syslog

Sam Drinkard sam at wa4phy.net
Tue Jun 27 19:00:54 UTC 2006

Jason Bradley Nance wrote:

>> Nope.. partition plenty of space, and lsof does not show an open.  No
>> other messages in any other logs either.  I just rebooted thinking
>> that might clear things up, but apparently not.
>

> Is this a default syslog config or has it been modified to maybe
> redirect to a logging box?  Have you messed with your SELinux stuff?

No, logging box -- everything as far as syslog and messages is default.
SELINUX not enabled.  Perms are correct on the file(s).  Can't seem to
find anything that would be causing writes to fail, but don't know for
sure if anything has written yet either.  I'll give a hup to named and
see what happens.

Sam W.Drinkard -- sam at wa4phy.net
NOAA Cooperative Observer KAGS (snow)
http://wa4phy.net