[CentOS] Problems with installing perl-Gtk2 from kbsingh repros

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Jun 29 15:13:06 UTC 2006

I need perl-Gtk2 for TinyCA2.

I find it on centos.karan.org

After many misteps, I add bout kbsingh-Centos-Extras.repro and
kbsingh-Centos-Misc.repro to /etc/yum.repro.d

I do a yum install perl-Glib and it finally goes, adding perl-ExtUtils
and warning me about  user mockbuild does not exist.

Then I try install perl-Gtk2 and it fails:

yum install perl-Gtk2
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
---> Package perl-Gtk2.i386 0:1.083-1.el4.kb set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: perl-Glib >= 1.082 for package: perl-Gtk2
--> Processing Dependency: perl(Glib) for package: perl-Gtk2
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Missing Dependency: perl-Glib >= 1.082 is needed by package perl-Gtk2
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Glib) is needed by package perl-Gtk2

It seems that Gtk2 needs a newer Glib.  Where do I get it, or how do I
fix this?

And after I get this I get to build TinyCA.  A test that I got that
lesson down....