[CentOS] Help with some screen command

Will McDonald wmcdonald at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 09:43:37 UTC 2006

On 30/06/06, Erick Perez <eaperezh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to connect to my server, run screen as root and then let
> another person log in a root also and let him run screen and attach to
> mine so he can "see" what im doing on the server. I haven't played
> with screen a lot but it seems a nice feature to teach him how to
> configure certain things.
> Sorry for the newbie question.

Others have already pointed out that something like "screen -R -x" is
probably what you want for "Multi display mode".

Just so you're aware, there's a tool called kibitz which comes with
expect which is specifically for this sort of terminal sharing.

TBH, I can't think of anything you couldn't do with screen that kibitz
would provide but it's worth knowing about incase you're ever on a
system without screen but with expect.

Will.