[CentOS] Intel VT-x & Xen

Bill Baird

Bill.Baird at phoenixmi.com
Fri Jun 30 20:16:08 UTC 2006

Hi All,  Just curious if anyone is currently using Xen 3on any of the new Intel Xeon processors that support the VT-x extentions. With the VT-x (or AMD's Pacifica) you can run unmodified guest operating systems...so we are looking into buying a new server to run a few virtual machines of CentOS & a few with Windows. If anyone has done this, I would love to hear about their success/struggles...Thanks!  --Bill  Bill Baird Phoenix Marketing International | Director of Technology 6423 Montgomery Street, Suite 12 | Rhinebeck, NY 12572 845-876-8228 x311- Office | 203-545-0437 - Mobile http://www.phoenixmi.com/