[CentOS] Installing el3 packages on CentOS 4

Jim Perrin

jperrin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 14:20:46 UTC 2006

On 6/1/06, José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque at cox.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to install el3 packages on CentOS 4?  I'm wondering
> because there are some packages on dag (for example ac3dec) that are
> built for el3 and not for el4.  Is it better to rebuild the source rpm?
> Thanks.

This is generally a bad idea. If dag isn't building them for EL4,
there's likely a very good reason for it. Have you considered asking
on the rpmforge mailing list?

--
This message has been double ROT13 encoded for security. Anyone other
than the intended recipient attempting to decode this message will be