[CentOS] [CSL #301925] centosplus kernel xfs patches and CVE-2006-1855

Thu Jun 1 21:24:26 UTC 2006
David Thompson <thomas at cs.wisc.edu>

Hi All, we've run into a problem with the xfs component in the centosplus
kernel (2.6.9-34.106.unsupportedsmp) where synchronous writes sometimes fail
with EAGAIN.  It's causing headaches for DB2 installs and for our database
research group.  There is a fix reported at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=110808122904352&w=2

...that's supposed to take care of things.  If there is any way these patches
could be included in a future centosplus kernel, we would greatly appreciate
it.  We are enjoying the performance lift from xfs on many systems, and hate
to throw it away to get a database to work.

Also, are there plans to produce a centosplus kernel that corresponds to the
newest RHEL errata kernel (2.6.9-34.0.1.EL)?

Cheers and thanks,

Dave Thompson
UW-Madison