[CentOS] Simple backup program

Wed Jun 7 19:10:14 UTC 2006
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

I am looking for a simple backup program that I can use to backup a
CentOS box to a local tape drive.  Hopefully someone here can give me
a recommendation.

This is what I need:
    - Simple launching of manual backups (preferably from the command
      line)
    - Ability to span tapes for a large backup
    - Proper treatment of hardlinked files
    - Notification via email or similar when it is ready for the next
      tape.

I tried mondo-rescue, but decided against it after it spent 4 hours
just trying to index the files (it never actually started the backup).

I am considering Amanda, but the setup is a bit complex and, based on
the docs, the tape spanning capability isn't the best.

Anyone have any suggestions?  I would think that there would be a
simple program out there to backup and restore from tape without all
of the extra scheduling and indexing features.

--
Bowie