[CentOS] Centos 4.3 & drbd

Sun Jun 11 19:59:23 UTC 2006
centos at bathnetworks.com <centos at bathnetworks.com>

Hiya,

I'm new to Centos but learning rapidly but I have been using FreeBSD. I'm
trying to setup a HA NFS server using 2 machines. Both machines are
running 4.3 updated to the latest via Yum.

I did yum groupinstall drbd-heartbeat and
yum install kernel-module-drbd-kernel-module-drbd-2.6.9-34.EL to match my
kernel.

The problem I have is that on 1 machine drbd works fine, but when I start
drbd on the other I get an error:

Starting DRBD resources:    [ d0 ioctl(,SET_DISK_CONFIG,) failed: Invalid
argument
Lower device is already mounted.

cmd /sbin/drbdsetup /dev/drbd0 disk /dev/hde1 internal -1  failed!

It is not mounted as far as I can tell - df -a only shows /dev/hda and
fstab has no entry for /dev/hde1.

I have also tried deleting the partion with parted and recreating it. I
have also tried using just /dev/hde.

The /etc/drbd.conf is:

resource drbd0 {
  protocol C;

  on fs1.bathnetworks.local {
    device      /dev/drbd0;
    disk        /dev/hde1;
    address     10.0.0.1:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }

  on shorty.bathnetworks.local {
    device      /dev/drbd0;
    disk        /dev/hdc1;
    address     10.0.0.2:7788;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
}

fs1 is the machine I am having trouble with. Any help with fixing this
would be appreciated.

Rob