[CentOS] How to create a secure user only for ssh login?

Wed Jun 14 16:56:30 UTC 2006
M. Fioretti <mfioretti at mclink.it>

Hello,

I've read on several howtos that one way to make ssh more secure, or
at least reduce the damage if somebody breaks in, is to NOT allow
direct ssh login from root, but allow logins from another user. So you
have to know two passwords in order to do any real damage.

Does this make sense? IF yes, what is the right way to create an user
only for this purpose, that is one that can only login to give me a
local prompt to become root, but has no privilege, no possibility to
create files, or do anything at all?

TIA,
	Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?