[CentOS] LVM repairing or back to regular ext3?

Thu Jun 29 04:05:51 UTC 2006
Paul <unix at bikesn4x4s.com>

Can anyone point me in the right direction for correcting errors on an HD
when using LVM?  I've tried e2fsck and indicates bad block.  I've tried
with -b 8193, 16384, and 32768 and no good.

I've found some info about reiserfsck on google, but this utility doesn't
seem to be included in Centos4.3.  I did find it on my old FC1 box.

I am thinking now I really should have went with just regular 83 Linux
ext3 partitions.  Arrgghhh.

And if I want to switch to 83 Linux instead of 8e LVM, whats the best way,
or at least a feasible way?  I can pop another drive in if I need to move
data around, but I don't see how, as I can't mount the LVM partition
(hda2).

--