[CentOS] Received signal 11 during kickstart

Thu Jun 1 16:21:18 UTC 2006
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

> Signal 11 is a bus error. I would try turning down the clock on
> your CPU. If this doesn't fix the problem and the memory isn't bad
> and the CPU isn't bad then I would go with the MotherBoard.

Well, I have only tested 3 (out of 10) systems, and they all get this
error.  I doubt the hardware is bad, as these are brand new systems
and memtest86 doesn't report any problems, the CentOS 4.3 LiveCD
boots fine, and (gasp) the pre-installed Windows XP boots fine.

I'm trying to find a way to debug this to find out the exact cause of
this error.  Maybe I'll start by putting the kickstart configuration
file on a floppy (although I'm sure that it is being read OK from the
web server)...

Alfred