[CentOS] Assistance with startup script

Thu Jun 1 18:01:36 UTC 2006
Sam Drinkard <sam at wa4phy.net>

Bowie Bailey wrote:

>Will McDonald wrote:
>

>>If you added something like...
>>
>># chkconfig: 345 20 80
>>
>>... after your shabang #!/bin/sh line that should suffice. That would
>>start your LDM script after networking in runlevels 345 and stop it
>>before networking's stopped when hopping back down through the
>>runleves.
>>
>>I can't recall if you need a "chkconfig --add ldm" but if your
>>script's not visible in "chkconfig --list" then try it. The chkconfig
>>man page's RUNLEVEL FILES section should have all the info you need.
>>

>Yes, you do need the "chkconfig --add ldm".  This is what creates the
>links in the runlevel directories.
>

>>If you wanted to go the whole hog you could also look at integrating
>>your startup stuff into /var/lock/subsys etc. Just have a look through
>>an existing init script.
>>

>If you want init to shutdown the service for you, you need a lock
>file in /var/lock/subsys with the same name as your main script.  Just
>have the start routine touch it and the stop routine remove it.

When using the gui Service Configuration, I see the ldm service in
there, but when highlighted, I get a status message of "env:
/etc/init.d/ldm: No such file or directory.  Wondering now if maybe this
was not a dos type script to start with, and it's not being recognized.
"file ldm" says it's a bourne shell script however...

Ideas or suggestions?

Sam W.Drinkard -- sam at wa4phy.net
WEB http://wa4phy.net
Augusta Mesonet