[CentOS] Received signal 11 during kickstart

Thu Jun 1 21:27:22 UTC 2006
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

On Jun 1, 2006, at 10:02, I wrote:

I've resolved this issue, and here is the answer for anyone else who
may encounter the same problem later.

> So I ask again, can a misconfigured kickstart configuration file
> cause this problem?

The answer is a resounding yes.  The following line in the kickstart
configuration file causes the kickstart installation to fail with
"installation exited abnormally -- received signal 11":

   url --url http://hostname

Adding a slash at the end of the url makes the problem go away.  I
would say this is a bug in Anaconda.  What's the best way to log this
bug to make sure it gets fixed by the upstream provider?

Alfred