[CentOS] PERL module woes

Thu Jun 1 22:38:16 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 17:18 -0500, Johnny Hughes wrote:

> Installing perl modules from CPAN absolute worst possible solution and
> should be used only as the absolute last resort.
>
> Or, maybe you know more about this distro that the people who make it?

He's not saying that the stock perl modules packaged for the disto
are bad for the distro itself.  He means that they no longer are
current and won't support current applications.  Mod_perl is a
good example.  There is a big difference between what RHEL/Centos
bundles and the current version.  It's a typical conflict between
the stability goals for the disto and usability in terms of up to
data applications and I'm not sure there is a good answer.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com